Monday, February 16, 2015

MONDAY 2/16/15 WHAT TREASURES ARE YOU HIDING?

"Both success and failure are largely the results of habit." - Napoleon Hill

Morning Webbers,

It is another Monday. I am up at 4:30. It is now 5:43 AM I just completed my morning workout. I just finished offering my gratitude to the world. What are you grateful for? This is a great way to start off the day it gets me out of myself and into giving to others. I have to say I was tired When I woke at 4:30 Monday's are always tough for me to get moving. It has to be done. My shoulder is unbelievably sore from removing snow and breaking ice on the roof.

Amazing winter we are having here in New England. I believe we are about 112 inches of snow or a little over 9 ft. This is the most snow I have seen since I was a young child.

I thought for today I would share a story with everyone. The first time I heard this story I was going through a dark time in my life and my mom shared a book with me. This is one you may have heard. If it is read it and ask how does it apply to your life now? What is different about it now?

ACRES OF DIAMONDS

During the years when diamonds were first being discovered in Africa, a farmer was intrigued by the promise of great wealth. Only one thing stood in his way. His farm had to be sold before he could set off in search of the diamonds that would make him a wealthy man. At last the deal was done and he was free. Free to pursue his dream.
The search was long and painful. Trekking mile after weary mile across desserts and plains, through jungles and mountain passes, the farmer searched for the elusive diamonds. But none could be found.
Finally, penniless, sick, and utterly depressed, he took his own life by throwing himself into a raging river.
Back home, the man who had bought the farm carefully tilled the land. One day as he was planting a crop, he came across a strange-looking stone. Carrying it to the farmhouse, he placed it on the mantel.
A visitor to the farmer’s home saw the unusual stone over the fireplace, examined it, then turned to the new owner of the farm and said, “You have found one of the largest diamonds ever known to man.” Further investigation revealed that the entire farm was literally covered with similar magnificent stones. The farm sold by the first farmer turned out to be one of the richest, most productive diamond mines in the world.

One hundred years ago, Dr. Russell Herman Conwell traveled the United States telling and retelling this story. One hundred years later, we still need to hear it. You see, just like that farmer, too few of us take the time to investigate and polish what we already have. In our disappointment with the way things are, in our quest to get ahead, we fail to recognize the wealth in our own backyard. And we end up walking over untold riches every day.
"The real act of discovery lies, not in finding new lands, but in seeing with a new set of eyes." - Marcel Proust
Webbers have a great Monday and I hope to hear from you soon.  I hope this helps you with your day. Remember it is your life. Live it by your design!

Tim Thomas
A Life by Design Company
PO Box 4327
Manchester, NH 03108
Tel: 603-682-4980

No comments:

Post a Comment